Issue with Sharepoint Server 2010

May 31, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Hi, I'm trying to install following "Step by Step" but, when I try to Deploy the system show me:

"Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: Microsoft.Sharepoint.Taxonomy.dll."

I have this library into GAC.

Thanks you for your help.

Capa

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Hi,

this maybe happen when Microsoft.Sharepoint.Taxonomy.dll assembly in GAC is locked. To find out which process open a command promt and type:

tasklist /m Microsoft.Sharepoint.Taxonomy.dll

And you'll see processes to kill to resolve the issue.

Vitaly

Sep 17, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Hi Vitaly,

I am facing the same problem to deploy to SharePoint 2010 foundation and I tried the above solution and no luck... appreciate if you could help me on this regard.

Sep 17, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Hi Again,

If I deploy WSP solution then no issues however if I build the project from source code and deploy then the above error was generated.

Need your help.

Thanks in advance

Coordinator
Oct 2, 2012 at 8:38 PM

The reason of your trouble is this: someone assembly in GAC is used. Try to check this or simply reset IIS.

Feb 11, 2013 at 8:26 AM
I have the same problem. IIS reset doesn't help. OWSTimer reset doesn't help.
Apr 25, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Hi!
Small hack for fix problem.
  1. Unpack ListFilterView.wsp to any directory.
  2. Open file manifest.xml and delete string <Assembly Location="Microsoft.SharePoint.Taxonomy.dll" DeploymentTarget="GlobalAssemblyCache" />
  3. Delete file Microsoft.SharePoint.Taxonomy.dll from archive directory
  4. Pack all files to ListFilterView.wsp again.
Thats all.

PS: Sorry for my english.
Jun 6, 2013 at 1:58 PM
I have the sane problem too, and i try all solution in this topic but i dont resolve issue. in GAC Microsoft.SharePoint.Taxonomy.dll version 14.0.6132.5000
Jun 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM
For Sharepoint Server not need use Microsoft.SharePoint.Taxonomy.dll, because this is part of Sharepoint Search, but for Foundation - this library in the package good idea.
Aug 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM
im too facing this same issue. in my Development Machine i have used it and able to install successfully but in my production Server there is issue sated above. have tried few solution posted but stilll no luck. pls help..
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2013 at 9:09 AM